MSMPER300 Issue work permits
Information about the course:
This unit of competency covers the skills and knowledge required to issue work permits. It covers an understanding of the permit system and the limitations of each permit, and making decisions regarding the need for and correct use of each permit. This unit includes the issue of any and all permits. Permits are called ‘clearances’ by some organisations.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
This competency applies to personnel who are required to issue appropriate permits to work to persons conducting a variety of activities in workplace environments in which hazards exist or specific procedures need to be followed and monitored to protect the safety of personnel and the integrity of plant or process.
This unit of competency applies to an individual working alone or as part of a team or group and working in liaison with other shift team members and the control room operator, as appropriate.
– MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment:
– MSMPER300 Issue work permits
Full course: 4 hours face-to-face
Pre course study options:
There is no pre course study required for this course.
Related Course Documentation
What are my rights and responsibilties as a student?
The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) requires that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider. By enrolling into any of our courses you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions outlined in our Student Agreement.
All students will be required to show proof of identification at the commencement of the course.
What should I look for when choosing a training provider?
The Australian Skills and Qualifications Authority (ASQA) has developed a fact sheet to help you to be fully informed about your decision to enrol into a course. This information can be found by clicking here
A copy of the Student Agreement should be read before enrolling in this course.
(MSMPER300) What skills and knowledge will I get from this course?
Evidence required to demonstrate competence in this unit must be relevant to and satisfy all of the requirements of the elements and performance criteria and demonstrate the ability to:
– recognise types of work permits required for different situations
– undertake and interpret hazard analysis
– conduct and interpret tests/inspections for gas or other hazards, including one or more of:
– atmospheric, including explosivity
– combustibles, oxygen, enriched or reduced
– stored pressure/energy
– ensure correct preparation of worksite is undertaken, including one or more of:
– mechanical, electrical and other energy sources, and process isolations
– de-energising all sources of energy/pressure
– purging of plant
– ventilation of plant
– lockout/tag out procedures
– blinding/blanking lines
– other hazard controls
– ensure supervision/monitoring of people working under the permit
– speak clearly and unambiguously in the language of the worksite
(MSMPER300) How will I be assessed for this course?
The following assessment tasks are required for this course:
– Theory Questions consisting of multiple choice questions
– Simulated Practical Scenarios
(MSMPER300) Where can I access a copy of the training package?
You can access the training package here