PUAFER005 Operate as Part of an Emergency Control Organisation (Warden Training)
Information about the course:
This unit covers the competency required to implement the emergency response specified in the workplace emergency procedures or specified by a person at a higher level in the emergency control organisation. People who undertake this work will be working within the command, control and coordinate structure of the emergency control organisation.
This unit has been developed to cover the broad range of emergencies and workplaces as considered in Australian Standard 3745-2010.
Existing workers in any industry may benefit from this training as it is not industry specific.
There are no prerequisites for this unit.
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
– PUAFER005 Operate as Part of an Emergency Control Organisation (Warden Training)
– Full course: 4 hours face-to-face training
Pre course study options:
There are no pre course study requirements for this course.
Related Course Documentation
What should I look for when choosing a training provider?
The Australian Skills and Qualifications Authority (ASQA) has developed a fact sheet to help you to be fully informed about your decision to enrol into a course. This information can be found by clicking here
A copy of the Student Agreement should be read before enrolling in this course.
What are my rights and responsibilties as a student?
The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) requires that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider. By enrolling into any of our courses you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions outlined in our Student Agreement .
All students will be required to show proof of identification at the commencement of the course.
(PUAFER005) What skills and knowledge will I get from this course?
– ability to relate to a range of people from a range of cultural, linguistic, social and ethnic backgrounds, and a range of physical and intellectual abilities
– apply methods of accounting for people
– assist people who need assistance
– carry out a search pattern within an area
– communicate clearly by the means specified in the workplace emergency procedures
– contribute to emergency management planning
– exercise leadership within a workplace emergency context
– use equipment assigned to assist with implementing the workplace emergency procedures
– arrangements for evacuating people who need support
– assessing and anticipating the progress of emergencies that might reasonably be expected in the workplace
– command, control and coordinate function of the emergency control organisation
– context of own role within the workplace emergency procedures
– emergency assessment and reporting procedures
– emergency reporting signals, alarms, warnings and procedures
– emergency response and operating procedures
– members of the emergency control organisation and their roles and responsibilities
– evacuation priorities
– hazard identification
– precautions to be taken during emergencies and during an evacuation
– methods of accounting for people during and after emergencies
– need to keep the relevant person informed of the developing situation
– post initial response emergency activities
– responses to meet the various situations
– workplace procedures
(PUAWER005) How will I be assessed for this course?
The following assessment tasks are required for this course:
– Theory Questions consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions
– Performance Tasks
– Simulated Practical Scenarios
Payment Terms: Safe Response Pty Ltd requires full payment for all courses as agreed to on any quotation, correspondence or deal coordinated with any student, manager, business or another. Here, payment terms will be stipulated clearly, for example; 14days from receipt, or, full payment required within 7 days prior to the event or similar. Acceptance of any event with Safe Response Pty Ltd is deemed acceptance of any offer and binding as part of any undertaking with Safe Response Pty Ltd and the individual or entity conducting the business or undertaking.
The Safe Response Pty Ltd refund policy is applicable under certain circumstances and can be found here: REFUND POLICY