PUAWER007B Manage an Emergency Control Organisation
Information about the course:
This unit covers the competency required to manage or to operate as part of the management of an emergency control organisation.
This unit has been developed to cover the broad range of emergencies and workplaces as considered in Australian Standard 3745-2010.
This unit applies to employees in the workplace within all industries and in all contexts.
The application of this unit includes all employees in the workplace who have a functional management role in the emergency control organisation. This expectation will be included in appropriate position descriptions and duty statements. The unit may also be used for planning for future operations in the workplace.
People who undertake this work would generally be members of an emergency planning committee.
The knowledge and skills gained through the completion of this unit may be applied by employees across all industries.
Existing workers in any industry may benefit from this training as it is not industry specific.
There are no prerequisites for this unit.
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
PUAWER007B Manage an emergency control organisation
Full course: 3 hours face-to-face training
Pre course study options:There are no pre course study requirements for this course.
Related Course Documentation
What are my rights and responsibilties as a student?The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) requires that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider. By enrolling into any of our courses you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions outlined in our Student Agreement.
All students will be required to show proof of identification at the commencement of the course.
What should I look for when choosing a training provider?
The Australian Skills and Qualifications Authority (ASQA) has developed a fact sheet to help you to be fully informed about your decision to enrol into a course. This information can be found by clicking here
A copy of the Student Agreement should be read before enrolling in this course.
(PUAWER007B) How will I be assessed for this course?
The following assessment tasks are required for this course:
– Theory Questions consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions
– Performance Tasks
– Simulated Practical Scenarios
(PUAWER007B) What skills and knowledge will I get from this course?
– Analyse risks
– Chair EPC meetings
– Manage safety and emergency projects
– Manage risk
– Characteristics, limitations and use of emergency alerting systems and procedures
– Emergency alerting needs
– Hazard identification and the precautions to be observed during emergencies
– Legislative requirements
– Methods/priorities in managing media responses in emergency situations
– Organisation and its human resources
– People who may need assistance and the assistance they may require
– Pre-planning procedures to allow for the conduct of post initial response activities
– Roles and responsibilities under legislation of employers, managers, supervisors, employees and contractors
– Requirements under relevant standards and codes of practice
– Resources required to support an emergency control organisation
– Systems for controlling the entry of visitors, contractors and staff during an emergency
– Workplace emergency hazard analysis